This position is responsible for accounting and supporting GL stewardship of A/P and A/R and tally related functions, financial analysis and financial reporting functions, including: reconciliations, journal entries, along with other duties as assigned. Additionally this position will be the main liaison for all compliance related matters i.e. external and internal audit, tax-related audits etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant will provide support for accounting and reporting tasks in an effort to ensure the accuracy and timeliness reporting requirements such as the month-end close, as well as the accuracy of financial reporting
- Act as the main liaison for all compliance related audits, i.e. internal and external audit, tax-related audits etc.
- Set up new suppliers/employees in Oracle and the corresponding banking information in Bottom-Line on a weekly basis
- Preparation and upload of month end journal entries as required
- Reconciliation and maintenance of selected balance sheet accounts
- Assisting the Controller with the analysis on the reasonability and accuracy of the General Ledger (G/L) accounts. Drill down on the G/L details and prepare analysis using V-lookups, pivot tables etc.
- Strict adherence to month end close timelines
- Assist in preparation of quarter-end balance sheet reporting packages
- Assist management with special projects and perform all other accounting and reporting tasks as assigned by Controller
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Must possess and demonstrate an understanding of fundamental accounting concepts.
- CA or CMA designation required coupled with a four-year degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Must be organized, deadline and detail oriented and knowledgeable in the field of accounting, and demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Must display strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to research, resolve and communicate discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Strong knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledgeable in the use of Oracle and JDH preferred
- Works in a comfortable office environment.
- Concentration and focus required for prolonged periods of time using computers.
- May be required to work additional hours during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time while working with a computer.
- Works in cooperation with all levels across the organization, including teams in the US.