The Payroll Clerk is responsible to assist full-cycle payroll process in a timely matter within a team environment. The incumbent will be required to assist payroll upgrade projects through training, testing and evaluation. The role is also responsible for always pursuing process improvement/automation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews, calculates and processes all manual pay adjustments for field payrolls
- Assists ADP/WFN upgrade projects for field payroll including misc-comp automation, co-mingle file elimination etc.
- Maintains positive communication with client groups regarding further information clarification, approval from management etc.
- Assists to processes full-cycle payroll including new hires, changes, terminations, statutory pay, severance, RRSP, bonuses where required
- Assists management with special projects and performs all other payroll related functions as assigned by Supervisor
- Respects and maintains strict confidentiality of employee records at all times
- PCP Certification required or in progress under Canadian Payroll Association
- 1-3 years of experience in a previous payroll processing role
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field of study
- Excellent understanding of various jurisdictional payroll requirements in Canada. Effectively applies payroll knowledge to ensure accurate and timely processing of all payroll related adjustments
- Understands the criticalness of payroll processing timelines and holds themselves accountable to meeting deadlines
- ·Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced with creating Word and Excel documents. Independently creates and modifies documents and spreadsheets utilizing basic functionality within Word and Excel
- Must be able to interact effectively in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Must display a strong comprehension of basic math calculations and intuitiveness to rationalize results
- Strong and accurate record keeping skills
- Is proficient at navigating through various computer applications and software
- Accurate and productive data entry/keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of basic fundamental accounting concepts
- Exposure to payroll systems, ADP Pay Specialist, ADP WFN (Work-Force-Now)
- Works in a comfortable office environment.
- Concentration and focus required for prolonged periods of time using computers.
- High volume working in tight deadlines
- Required to sit for extended periods of time while working with a computer.