Director, Commercial Development
Director, Commercial Development
Vice President, Finance & Commercial Development
The Director, Commercial Development is responsible for the go-to-market commercial development strategy within Canada, prospecting, developing and closing all commercial opportunities including Partnerships and Licensing arrangements, and oversight of the Consumer Products line of business. The Director will work closely with the Canadian and US WW Teams to develop competitive intelligence perform analysis on market trends and provide strategic vision and leadership in order to achieve the Company’s short and long-term commercial growth objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and create the Company’s commercial strategy to improve its Brand and market position.
- Develop new, and manage existing partner relationships, leading commercial development activities, ensuring alignment with the corporate strategy, processes and growth plans. Pursue and/or assist with strategic partnerships to increase revenue and/or Brand awareness.
- Demonstrate executive presence and capability to present to and negotiate with prospective clients.
- Manage proposal preparations, and contract development, coordinating contract negotiation between partners / business / legal counsel from inception to completion.
- Evaluate and prioritize opportunities based on business purpose alignment, risk profile, revenues and profitability. Work closely with the Canadian Leadership Team to assess present and future needs, trends, problems and opportunities to drive an incremental commercial result.
- Manage internal cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Financial & Commercial Development / Strategy, Consumer Products, Marketing, Consumer Experience, Legal, etc., to review proposed / projected business cases for commercial relationships, and to manage ongoing business relationship deliverables.
- Develop commercial analyses of potential opportunities in order to make recommendations around priority growth opportunities.
- Contribute to commercial business planning and revenue forecasting including the business unit budget management.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to direct reports to support their performance and career development within the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a post graduate degree in a related field, preference for a business and or finance degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing complex organization and or a business consulting environment.
- The leadership style and mental agility to move effectively between strategic roles and hands-on execution roles.
- Proven success developing effective teams, developing talent and grooming next generation leaders
- Works in a comfortable office environment with a Wellness focus.
- Concentration and focus required for prolonged periods of time using computers.
The incumbent is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while working with a computer. The ability to travel is required on a regular basis.
- 1 Direct Report
- Works in cooperation with all levels across the organization, including International teams.
- Participates in cross-functional projects and activities.